Saturday 6 July 2019

Dutch Scale Seven Group Newsletter 6 July 2019.

A small project I get on is the rebuild of my GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank 5775.

I build engine in 1994 using an Erik Underhill brass kit. My first build engine in 7mm.
This engine ran on several model shows and needed an upgrade to scale seven standards.
I dismantled the engine and found the power pickups where worn out. So a replace is needed. I removed the old Slater's fine scale wheels and axles to replace them for scale seven wheels and axles.
In his next live the engine will be DCC fitted to operate at my scale seven layout "Minehead".


GWR 0-6-0 Pannier 5775 working at my old Andoversford layout. Foto CdJ.


The beautiful scale seven wheels. Foto CdJ 
The  beautiful scale seven wheels supplied by the scale seven group included the crank pins are a eye catcher very fine and prototypical.


Scale seven wheels , axle and crankpin. Foto CdJ.


The 0-6-0 Pannier 5775 on her or his new wheels. Foto CdJ.
Details. Foto CdJ.
The worn out power pickups after many running hours at shows. Foto CdJ.

It's a nice job the refurbish your first build brass engine so he or she can run the following years at my scale seven layout "Minehead". 

Till next Cor.

No comments:

Post a Comment