Tuesday 18 June 2024

Dutch Scale Seven Group Newsletter juni 2024

 Some news from the DSSG.

I needed to update this blog during the last months is was very quiet,  exhibitions with 0 scale are very rare in the Netherlands. But here is some modelling activity in the workshop. 

The 6 wheeler GWR Milk tank wagon.

To build a Twin - Tank milk van I used the Slater's kit. It a nice kit and easy to build. I build the frame with some changes to fit the S7 wheels. All the pipes for the steam heating and vacuum brakes are mounted.



The Slater's GWR Milk tank is finished

Started to build a GWR Gas wagon no 2 "Cordon".

Years ago I got a kit to build a Cordon but the kit was not a good kit to build a detailed gas wagon. I left it in the drawer of my workbench. But when I looked at the kit again I made the decision to use the parts to build an other GWR gaswagon the GWR Cordon No 2. The article about the GWR gas wagons in the GWR journal winter 1992 no 1 inspired me to made this decision.

I scratch build the frame using new and  some old parts from the kit. The wagon is for my S7 layout so I need to change the spacing between the brake shoes. I changed the gas tanks made them shorter and made new plates with rivets. I used my CNC milling machine to press all the rivets.

At the up site of the wagon frame I will fitted real wooden planking. The wooden frames for the tanks are home made from wood like the wooden frames on the prototype.

I fitted the axles with small ball-bearings in the axle boxes. The wagon is not yet finished.

Happy modelling and greetings,

Cor de Jong the Netherlands.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment